That is what Carolyn suggested I say when I told her how long it had been since I posted. As you can see Easter arrived along with 6 or so inches of snow. In order to help spring along I decided to lighten up the look of my blog. I don't know how long I will keep it but I always like a little change and I kept the old layout for over a year (which is unusual for me).
Things that have happened since January:
1. My LYS closed. Mary's rent went up and she decided she had to relocate or close. By the time I found out the closeout sale had been going on for a couple weeks and almost everything was gone. I did pick up a couple books and patterns. Yarn-wise all that was left was baby yarn and some bulky cotton. My favorites were long gone. It looks like the internet will become my new LYS.
2. Carolyn got a real job and then quit. Basically it was collections for a law firm. I wouldn't have liked it either. But as with life she was able to learn something from the one week experience and that is that she would like to write (I could have told her that) and that she wanted to go back to school for her master's in journalism. Unfortunately application deadlines have passed so it will be another year or so. She is working on finding something until then for now Starbucks calls.
3. Joy was accepted to several schools and after a couple recruitment trips she has narrowed it down to two, The University of Redlands and Gannon University. I know she would rather be in California (Redlands) but it is more expensive. She has one more day to decide because she has to let the Gannon coach know tomorrow.
4. I continue to do very little knitting. Partly because my back hurts and I can't find a comfortable position. I did join the Stashalong 2008 and at least have not bought any yarn this year.
5. I am teaching two "knitting" classes at school this trimester. Big knits - big needles, bulky yarn, because kids like instant gratification. The other is Dying to Knit - we dye our yarn and then knit it. In fact our first dying project is the Easter grass pictured above. As the yarn was drying I realized it was the perfect Easter grass color.
6. I am thinking of signing up for the Wee Tiny Sock Swap. The socks are so cute and quick. You knit one tiny sock (pattern here) and mail it to your swap partner on Monday. Sign-ups end Thursday partners come out Friday.
I am on spring break this week so my to do list is:
1. Post on this blog.
2. Finish taxes
3. Turn in Jump Rope for Heart order.
6. Send in PE Central Challenge order.
7. PE equipment order.
8. Plan for end of school year.
9. Whatever else I have forgotten.
With two in college again next year I plan to work a lot this summer. I asked Darryl to increase my days at the golf course and I plan to teach summer school in the mornings. I will be quite busy. But I like it that way.
#1 is done so on to the next task.